Governor Proclamation - State of Emergency ends January 1, 2023
Pursuant to the Governor proclamation linked above, the State of Emergency expires on January 1, 2023. Linked lists of APRNS who had requirements waived during the state of emergency who need to submit requirements are provided.
- APRNs can not renew schedule II prescriptions on or after January 1, 2023.
- All APRN application requirements and fees are reinstated for APRN licensure and prescriptive authority on and after January 31, 2023.
- APRNs with prescriptive authority, who were initially approved during the state of emergency and had the collaborative agreement requirement waived, must now submit a collaborative agreement before March 1, 2023, or the prescriptive authority will be terminated. A list of active and inactive APRNS with waived collaborative agreements can be found at
https://wvrnboard.wv.gov/Documents/Waived%20Collaboratives.pdf. If you had a written collaborative agreement during this time, please send the original documents to the Board's mailing address at the bottom of this email.
- APRNs with prescriptive authority who were initially approved during the state of emergency and had CE waived must submit certificates of completion for 15 contact hours of continuing education in advanced pharmacology before March 1, 2023 or the prescriptive authority will be terminated. List of active and inactive APRNs with waived pharmacology 15 contact hrs of advanced pharmacology at
https://wvrnboard.wv.gov/Documents/Waived%20CE.pdf who need to submit requirements before March 1, 2023 or who will be terminated.
- On or after January 1, 2023 pursuant to WV Code 30-7-15 Administration of Anesthetics in any case where it is lawful for a duly licensed physician or dentist practicing medicine or dentistry under the laws of this state to administer anesthetics, such anesthetics may lawfully be given and administered by any person (a) who has been licensed to practice registered professional nursing under this article, and (b) who holds a diploma or certificate evidencing his or her successful completion of the educational program of a school of anesthesia duly accredited by the American association of nurse anesthetists: Provided, That such anesthesia is administered by such person in the presence and under the supervision of such physician or dentist.
- The APRN and Prescriptive Authority renewal by June 30, 2023, will continue as usual and the renewal links will be available beginning May 1, 2023 through June 30, 2023. The CE requirements are effective for advanced practice registered nurses license renewal as well as prescriptive authority renewal for the period beginning July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2023.